Jasmin Fisher, PhD, FRSB - "Executable Biology: From Mechanisms to Clinical Applications in Cancer"
- What seminar
- When Sep 27, 2022 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM (Europe/Berlin / UTC200)
- Where Tigem Auditorium Vesuvius
- Contact Name Davide Cacchiarelli
- Contact Phone 08119230659
- Add event to calendar iCal
- Jasmin Fisher, PhD, FRSB - "Executable Biology: From Mechanisms to Clinical Applications in Cancer"
Prof. Jasmin Fisher, PhD, FRSB
Professor of Computational Biology
UCL Cancer Institute
Cancer is a highly complex cellular state where mutations impact a multitude of signalling pathways operating in different cell types. To understand and fight cancer, it must be viewed as a system, rather than as a set of independent cellular activities. In this talk, I will discuss some of the progress made towards achieving such system-level understanding using the design of executable network models of cancer signalling programs. I will showcase some bespoke network models to study how genomic changes drive tumour evolution and therapeutic response in breast and lung cancer and identify novel combination treatments to overcome drug resistance. These executable network models have been shown to improve our understanding of the mechanisms driving tumour progression and resistance to treatment and pave the way to better personalised therapeutic strategies for cancer patients.