Past PhD Students
Post PhD – at TIGEM and beyond
Life after a PhD at TIGEM
Annually, we host 35 PhD students across the research groups at TIGEM. Since 2003, when the TIGEM PhD program was introduced, 153 scientists have successfully completed their studies at TIGEM. We foster a close and supportive environment both among our students currently at TIGEM and our alumni community.
Previous TIGEM students have gone on to a diverse range of careers, many have continued in research or industry science while others have moved into science-related fields, teaching, and other paths outside of academia. To get an overview of where the TIGEM Doctoral students end up afterward, visit this link.
TIGEM as a starting point for careers in research, industry, academic and beyond
Previous Examples of PhD Theses
- "The ciliopathy protein OFD1 controls autophagy", Simona Brillante, graduated on 30th September 2020. Tutor: Brunella Franco
- "Diversity in mTORC1 substrate recruitment enables specificity of metabolic responses to nutritional cues", Alessandra Esposito, graduated on 30th September 2020. Tutor: Andrea Ballabio
- "Therapeutic genome editing in retina and liver", Manel Llado Santaeularia, graduated on 31st October 2019. Tutor: Alberto Auricchio
- "Modulation of Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex translocation and its effect on histone acetylation in vitro and in vivo", Angela De Angelis, graduated on 31st October 20. Tutor: Nicola Brunetti-Pierri
- "microRNA 204/211 in photoreceptor survival and function", RajeshwariI Bhat, graduated on 9th November 2016. Tutor: Sandro Banfi
- "Identification of molecular targets for the treatment of the skeletal phenotype in Lysosomal Storage Disorders", Sara Barbato, graduated on 21st July 2016. Tutor: Sandro Banfi