General Services, Administration, Informatic Core
The General Services team provides technical support, maintains equipment, oversees environmental safety issues, and organises training regarding workplace safety and risk prevention.
The General Services activities include:
- Orchestrating the acquisition and proper use of products
- Storing chemicals and distributing and cleaning solvents, glassware and other laboratory materials
- Suppling ample quantities of common media, solutions, and plates
- Arranging periodic structural maintenance assessments
- Oversees the wellbeing of all TIGEM personnel via annual health checks
- Modifying and updating equipment and appliances
- Training personnel in safety procedures
- Taking regular inventories of institutional resources, and supervising in-house services
Human Resources, General Affairs and Reception
The Human Resources Office handles personnel-related and bureaucratic matters for domestic and international employees, including contract provision, stipend distribution, and immigration policy. The Receptionist handles contact with external parties, managing mail, waste product disposal, and administrative issues.
Purchasing and Administration
TIGEM’s Purchasing Agent oversees goods acquisition, maintains purchasing records, and supports research groups in fund management. In addition, the office organizes work-place safety training and assists the safety coordinator with personnel health surveillance.
The Secretariat assembles the agendas of both the researchers and the Director, including preparing meetings, conferences, and travel plans. TIGEM often welcomes distinguished external researchers and scientists to participate in seminars; the office organizes the logistics of such events
Informatic Core Members
The IT core employs an integrated approach involving an expandable high-performance computing cluster and storage system shared by the IT core and the other facilities.
The Informatic Core activities include:
- Management of IT infrastructure and IT security
- User account management and access policies to computer equipment and data transmission network
- Acquisition of IT goods and services
- Technical training for the entire administrative staff
- TIGEM Cloud Storage, Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Management of the institutional portal and web development
- Audio/visual technical support for seminar rooms and auditorium
- Print Services
- HelpDesk for admin, research staff and students