The overall goal of my research is to find effective treatments for defective mitochondrial functions. In particular we aim to develop mutation-independent strategies to treat rare and common mitochondrial-associated disorders.
- MIT - MITO FOUNDATION - Adeno Associated Viral (AAV)-mediated miR-181a/b inhibition as new therapeutic strategy for Mitochondrial Optic Neuropathy (2022-2023)
- Metal transporters as potential therapeutic targets in inherited disorders of copper metabolism (2021-2023), Cnr/RFBR
- miR-181a/b modulation as potential therapeutic approach for AMD treatment (2020-2022), Bright Focus Foundation
- Therapeutic efficacy of miR-181a/b down regulation in Leigh syndrome (2019-2021), The United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation
- Evaluation of the role of microRNAs miR-181a e miR-181b in Parkinson Disease (2019-2021), Fondazione Roche